Award winning step-mum Louise Flamank shows us how making a meal for the Marriage Courses is done.
This recipe is designed for a £2 per head budget, serving 10 people. For more guests multiply quantities to your requiremnts.
Pasta with Pea, Bacon and Parmesan
Ingredients (Serves 5 couples)
1 kg of pasta (any type)
5 tbsp olive oil
375g smoked bacon chopped*
8 cloves garlic, chopped
800g Frozen Peas
500g tub crème fraiche
Salt and pepper
150g grated parmesan or similar
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan.
2. Heat the oil, fry the chopped bacon and garlic until golden, then add the peas.
3. Once the bacon and peas are cooked, stir in the crème fraiche and 5 tbsp. of the pasta cooked water.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
Top with parmesan and serve immediately.
*for a vegetarian option substitute bacon with broccoli